What is Virya in Ayurveda?
According to Ayurveda Virya (Semen) is a powerful body fluid that is the last dhatu that forms from food and supports life. It is regarded as the ‘essence of essences’ that has the potential to create new life. Spiritual texts consider semen or virya is the essence (rasa) of the body, just like moksha is viewed as the essence of worldly life.
Ayurveda’s holistic science-backed solutions can help men experiencing fertility-related issues due to poor semen or sperm quality. The brand’s like AADAR!
believes that Ayurveda age-old traditions and methods are highly effective in helping men improve their health and sexual wellness, and help deal with functional issues like erectile dysfunction, fertility issues like poor sperm quality, and many others.
According to Ayurveda, 1 drop of semen is made from 80 drops of blood
. This tells us the sheer effort that the testes take to create semen from blood. Semen lies in a subtle state in all the cells in the body. When you ejaculate, it causes thinning of the virya. But, did you know virya has many benefits for your body? Let’s take a look!Benefits of Virya for the Body
Did you know that just 2% to 5% of semen is sperms? The rest of semen comprises hormones, endorphins, neurotransmitters, DNA, fructose, enzymes, ascorbic acid, sodium, lactic acid, nitrogen, minerals like calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamin B12, and a large number of proteins.
So, when semen is not ejaculated, it is absorbed by the body and all these essential nutrients are redistributed into the blood to the cells in the body, nourishing them. Some benefits of virya in the body as per Ayurveda include:
- According to a 2003 study, testosterone levels peaked on the seventh day of abstinence. Testosterone levels are associated with better vigor, strength and vitality in men.
- Increased testosterone levels have also been associated with improved fertility.
- Testosterone has been associated with better mood, reduced symptoms of depression and anxiety, and higher energy levels.
- Whenever semen is not ejaculated, it gets resorbed into the blood and enriches the brain, ensuring good hormonal balance and better sleep. It is good for insomnia.
- Practicing Sperm retention and preventing wastage of semen is known to resolve premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.
- Semen in the body boosts immunity and helps the body fight bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
While ejaculation benefits the body, virya in the body nourishes it and keeps it healthy and revitalized.Key Takeaway!
Men who wish to improve sperm quality or boost their sexual performance can explore our exclusive range of FDA-approved products
made from natural and potent handpicked ingredients like Ashwagandha, Shilajit, Musli, Gokhru, and many others.
For men who are shy or reluctant to share their issues, we at AADAR are here for you! We are India’s first digital Ayurveda platform for men where you can avail of Ayurvedic products and services for better health and sexual wellness.
Experience the healing power of Ayurveda with AADAR!