by Harsh Shah on Jan 13, 2023


We are aware that men are more susceptible to sexual dysfunction as they age. Erectile Dysfunction is one of the many problems that affect successful sexual interaction under the umbrella of erectile dysfunction. Additionally, it describes a man's general propensity for sex as well as the standard of his erections.

This has been demonstrated by a number of sizable studies conducted both domestically and abroad. But age doesn't account for everything. In fact, one obvious conclusion from research on the causes of ED is that many risk factors for ED, regardless of age, are somewhat under our control. For instance, maintaining a healthy diet and engaging in regular exercise can reduce your risk of developing erectile dysfunction (ED) as well as other health issues that may exacerbate it.

The Massachusetts Male Aging Study (MMAS) data, which showed that approximately 40% of men in their 40s will have some form of ED and that this prevalence will increase by approximately 10% per decade such that a man in his 50s has approximately a 50% chance of having ED while a man in his 60s has approximately a 60% chance of having ED, etc., serve as an example of this. According to these and other prevalence data from the MMAS, the physiological processes that result in ED in 40% of men in their 40s must have started earlier in life.

This is exemplified by the data from the Massachusetts Male Aging Study (MMAS) which indicated that about 40% of men in their 40’s will have some form of ED and this prevalence will increase about 10% per decade such that a man in his 50’s has about a 50% chance of having ED while a man in his 60’s has about a 60% chance of having ED, etc. These prevalence data from the MMAS as well as others intuitively suggest that the physiological processes that cause 40% of men in their 40’s to have some form of ED must have begun at an earlier age. If this intuition is indeed correct, it would explain why we physicians do see in our office some men in their 20’s and 30’s complaining of ED that ultimately turns out to be due a primary physiological and not a primary psychological cause.

How Do Men Know They Have ED?

The complex process of getting an erection involves both physiological and psychological factors working together to make the penis erect. Erectile dysfunction is characterized by persistent trouble achieving or maintaining an erection for pleasurable sex.

Know that ED is typically treatable if you experience it. Your healthcare provider may suggest treatments that specifically address other medical issues if they are the root cause of your ED symptoms, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, or high blood cholesterol. Additionally, they might recommend ED-specific drugs like Sildenafil (Viagra), Tadalafil (Cialis), or Vardenafil (Levitra). Physical or psychological problems may be the root of ED, and risk factors like advanced age may make it more likely to occur. This article is for you if you're curious about how your age affects your risk for ED.

What Researches On Aging And ED Tell Us

The age at which the penis abruptly stops functioning and erections stop occurring is not known. Erectile dysfunction is a common problem, but not every man will have it. Although we cannot predict with certainty when ED will occur, there are numerous sizable studies that provide some insight into the relationship between sexual dysfunction, ED, and age. Here, we'll go over a few of the key studies.

Some Facts Related To Erectile Dysfunction

  • Out of 10 men, 1 man is suffering from erectile dysfunction
  • Only 33% of men seek advice from sex experts
  • ED is responsible for 20% of divorce cases
  • ED is also responsible for male infertility

Erectile Dysfunction Early Signs

  • Frequent erection failures while having sex.
  • Not having a pleasurable time with their partner
  • Not having a firm erection is required for sexual intercourse.

This study also found a significant association between erectile dysfunction and age. Less than 2% of men who reported erection issues specifically stated that they began before the age of 40, and only 4% indicated that they began between the ages of 40 and 49. But when 50 and older were taken into consideration, there was a noticeable rise. 40% of men and about 25% of men, respectively, said that erection problems began between the ages of 60 and 69.


Age increases the likelihood of developing ED, which is a common problem that can be challenging to talk about. Most men will need to experiment with several treatments before finding the one that works best for them. In some circumstances, a combination of strategies may be required over time.

For healthy men who occasionally get an erection or who use a penis pump or vacuum to start one, an ED ring is a good option. There are many places where you can buy ED rings without a prescription. As always, discuss any queries or worries you may have with your doctor regarding ED rings, and stop using them if any rashes or other problems appear.

AADAR has been religiously working towards many sexual issues like Premature Ejaculation, and many related diseases. AADAR’s Endure is one of the most astounding products that consists of natural and magical Ayurvedic ingredients like Ashwagandha, Safed Musli, Golkhru, Shilajit, and many other powerful herbs that cure premature ejaculation from roots giving positive results. We have Health Experts with whom you can easily connect and discuss your sexual concerns. To obtain the most accurate diagnosis, you can consult your family doctor first, or you can contact our Health Expert or connect with us at  +919867667699


1 comment

  • elena
    Apr 25, 2024 at 11:46

    For anyone reading this and dealing with erectile dysfunction, I want to emphasize the importance of seeking professional advice. It’s not always easy to discuss, but there’s no shame in reaching out to a healthcare provider. Your well-being mardana kamzori ka nusksha is the top priority


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.