Master your partner's mood swings in 90 days
by Dr. Diksha Tiwari on Dec 14, 2021
Women undergo a lot of changes, whether physical or emotional and even hormonal during the menstrual cycle. One such big change you may see in your partner is mood swings. It would be a great initiative by men to understand the entire process and find out ways in which they can help their partner in coping up with it.
But before reaching up to the conclusions and directly telling you how you can help your partner and its entire process, it is firstly important to understand the process.
What causes the shifts in the mood?
There can be a lot of reasons and conditions due to which women have to experience severe changes in mood, such as -
- Premenstrual syndrome - Premenstrual syndrome or commonly known as PMS consists of a number of symptoms that occur in women a week or two before their periods. Other than mood swings, PMS can cause fatigue, changes in appetite, depression, bloating, and many other changes. A majority of women experience PMS-like symptoms before their periods. The severity of these symptoms may change from month to month and from person to person. They may even vary with age.
The reason behind these symptoms is unclear but researchers suspect that shifts in the hormone “estrogen'' are most likely to be blamed. In the days preceding a period, a woman’s estrogen levels rise and fall drastically. They again tend to level out a day or two after the menstruation cycle begins. These shifts may affect mood and behavior.
How to treat significant changes in mood?
It is possible to stabilize the mood of your partner and improve her health in order to avoid future shifts in mood and emotions.
The following treatments can prove helpful for constant changes in mood. You can try these treatments at home. All of these treatments are basically lifestyle changes that you need to help make your partner see the results in 90 days. They are -
- Exercising regularly - Moving around and exercising are great for your physical and mental health. They can help you treat or avoid shifts in mood. When you exercise, your body produces the feel-good hormones that can help you alleviate stress and boost your mood. Your aim should be at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise for 5 days a week. This can even include walking, stretching and doing basic weight lifting. Other than exercising you can even try breathing exercises to calm your nerves down.
Yoga is another way in which you can have a full-body movement.
Avoiding caffeine, alcohol, and sugar - Caffeine, alcohol and sugar act as stimulants, they raise the levels of physiological activity in the body in some way or the other. These stimulants can alter your natural state by causing mood shifts or elevating them.
Caffeine can exacerbate anxiety and nervousness. Alcohol is a depressant that can worsen bad moods. It can also make you behave irrationally. Sugary foods, although delicious, can cause your blood sugar level to fluctuate drastically. These fluctuations may cause shifts in mood. It is advisable to keep these stimulants in check to maintain a stable mood.
- Including calcium supplements - A lot of studies suggest that calcium supplements may help ease symptoms such as depression, anxiety, and emotional fluctuation from PMS. This happens because Calcium is related to the production of estrogen in the human body, therefore, calcium consumption can prove helpful in PMS-related depression and mood swings.
- Changing the diet - It is a fact that mood depends a large part on the food that we eat. People tend to eat large meals three times per day but according to studies and research, eating multiple smaller meals throughout the day may be better for mood stability. The reason behind this is that blood sugar levels shift after large meals, which may contribute to emotional shifts. Smaller meals, divided throughout the day, may help stabilize your blood sugar to keep these extreme shifts in the mood at bay.
- Practicing stress management - Stress and anxiety can make the symptoms of several conditions such as PMS, worse. If you are worried or strained, learning to manage your stress can help you avoid complications, including changes in mood. People today have such lifestyles that they feel taxed. Whether your other half is a working woman or a housewife, she may stress about a lot of things. Helping her in meditation, deep breathing, and yoga can help her manage stress. Massage therapy or talk therapy may also prove to be highly beneficial.
- Getting better sleep - A good night’s sleep can prove to be the cure for a lot of illnesses including irritability and extreme changes in mood. Help your partner have a good 7 to 8 hours of undisturbed sleep per night. For getting better sleep you may try making some lifestyle changes. Eating dinner a couple of hours before sleeping might prove beneficial in falling asleep easily. Switching off the mobile phone an hour before sleeping can prove helpful in improving the quality of sleep. Try making a calm environment in your bedroom for your partner. Dimming the lights, lighting a scented candle and maybe listening to calming music might be helpful to her. For better sleep, it is recommended to make a particular time for going to bed. When you make a fixed time, the brain automatically becomes ready to fall asleep at that time every day.
These are some of the ways in which you can master your partner’s mood swings. If these activities are performed for 90 days continuously, you will see a visible difference in your partner’s mood. 90 days would correspond to an average 3 period cycle.
We have even written a blog on period cramps - everything men need to know about period cramps. Check out our website - www.aadar.co to have a look at the other blogs that we have written. Also, check out our wide range of products in the categories men's wellness and women's health.
For period and ovulation pain and cramps, Aadar’s Good period for happy cycles pills are the most effective. Made from herbs like Shatavari, Ashoka, Manjistha and turmeric, it has been proven effective by women who have used it. For regular, balanced & happy cycles, relief from pain and cramps, to optimize hormonal balance and to rejuvenate & strengthen you during the cycles, these capsules are our recommendations.Aadar also offers Pleasure Capsules that are ideal for women to increase stamina and vitality. Made with ayurvedic herbs such as Gokhru, Noni, Kesar and Ashwagandha, these capsules will help alleviate general fatigue.