SEXUAL WELL-BEING IN BOTH MEN & WOMEN
by Harsh Shah on Dec 17, 2022
One of the three pillars of human life is sexual wellness, the other two being food (Ahar) and sleep (Nidra). Sexual well-being is essential for a happy marriage and has the potential to improve one's physical, mental, and emotional quotient.
A variety of factors contribute to good sex life in couples. Aside from a healthy diet, exercise, and lifestyle, emotional compatibility is important in intimacy and sex.
What Exactly Is A Healthy Sexual Life?
Sexual well-being, according to WHO, includes factors such as having a good understanding of sex, engaging in consensual and positive relationships with your partner, and enjoying the sex you are having.
A healthy sexual life includes the following:
- Lack of multiple sexual partners
- There are no sexually transmitted infections.
- Excellent libido
- Having sexual fulfillment
The Advantages of Healthy Sex
Healthy sex life benefits both men and women. Great sex life has the following health benefits:
- Gives good sleep
- Relieves anxiety and stress
- Relieves pain
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increases immunity
- Increased intimacy
Sexual Dysfunction Types:
Sexual disorders are classified into several categories. It can, however, be classified as belonging to any of the four sections.
- Desire-Based Dysfunction: Entails issues such as low sex drive, no sexual fantasies or thoughts, or distress at the prospect of having sex.
- Arousal Dysfunction is defined as the inability to become aroused or excited during foreplay or sexual activity. This category includes issues such as erectile dysfunction.
- Sexual Activity: is disrupted by pain during intercourse.
- Concerns About Orgasm - A delay or absence of orgasm (climax)
What Causes Women To Have A Low Sex Drive?
Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSSD): When you are not interested in sex, you have Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSSD). This could be a long-term issue, or it could happen gradually or even suddenly. This is common in women who do a lot of housework and get tired or bored of having sex by the end of the day. Anxiety, depression, stress, and previous sexual trauma can all contribute to HSSD.
Menopause: Women lose interest in sex during or after menopause, owing to hormonal changes in their bodies. Furthermore, tiredness, mineral deficiencies, and vaginal dryness all contribute to low libido.
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS): Due to hormonal changes, women lose interest in sex during PMS. A lack of sex drive is caused by breast pain, abdominal cramps, and mood swings.
Dyspareunia: A condition characterized by pain during intercourse as a result of constriction of the vaginal muscles, which can also result in low libido. Lubrication, foreplay, mood setting, and treating any underlying medical conditions will solve the problem.
What Causes Men To Have A Low Sex Drive?
Hormonal Imbalances - Low testosterone and progesterone levels can cause men to have low libido.
Lifestyles: Smoking, alcoholism, drug abuse, and junk food consumption can all have a negative impact on sex.
Stress: Stress can also cause men to have a low sex drive.
Medications: Anxiety and depression medications can have a negative impact on sexual life.
Chronic Illnesses: Chronic illnesses can impair sexual desire.
Male Sexual Dysfunction
Erectile Dysfunction (ED): It is the inability to obtain or maintain a firm enough erection for intercourse. Some men have ED problems at various stages of their lives, but it becomes a problem when it persists for an extended period of time. It can contribute to low self-esteem and relationship problems.
Premature Ejaculation (PE): It occurs when a man ejaculates before his usual self or partner. The issue is primarily psychological, but biology is also involved.
Delayed or Inhibited Ejaculation: It is a condition in which men climax or ejaculate after a long period of sexual stimulation, usually more than 30 minutes. Most of the time, it is temporary or situational.
Retrograde Ejaculation: It occurs when the sperm enters the bladder rather than the urethra prior to ejaculation. After reaching the climax, there will be very little or no ejaculation of sperm. The urine after intercourse appears cloudy and mixed with sperm. It has the potential to cause male infertility.
Sexual Problem Complications:
Complications of the aforementioned sexual disorders include:
- A sex life that is unsatisfactory
- Anxiety or stress
- Feelings of embarrassment or low self-esteem
- Relationship issues
- Inability to conceive with your partner
How Can You Tell If You Have Sexual Dysfunction?
Sexual dysfunction can be self-diagnosed with a few or all of the following symptoms:
- Low libido/lack of sexual interest
- Ejaculation issues - early ejaculation or inability to ejaculate
- Inability to start or maintain erections
How Do You Deal With Stress-Related Sexual Dysfunction?
- Stress is caused by unresolved issues in one's life. As a result, resolving issues at their source aids in stress management.
- Finding hobbies, interests, and self-care activities can help you de-stress.
- Regular exercise lowers the stress hormone cortisol and has numerous health benefits.
- Maintain relationships that are emotionally supportive.
- Open conversations about what bothers you can help you de-stress.
- If you feel helpless, try talking to a psychologist or therapist about how to manage stress in life who can assist you.
Ayurvedic Tips For A Fulfilling Sexual Life:
Ayurveda offers some simple tips for having a great sexual life.
- When the vata dosha is low, the best time to have sex is early in the evening
- One should not initiate or suppress an urge to ejaculate because it can lead to a variety of health problems.
- When you have a fever or another infection, avoid having sex.
- To avoid diseases, Ayurveda recommends taking a shower before and after sex.
In The End
To improve and enhance your sexual life, consume natural and healthy supplements. AADAR has the best ayurvedic male enhancement pills and other sexual wellness products. AADAR has a wide range of sexual products that treat your sexual concerns naturally and effectively for a long time.
We have Health Experts who can easily connect with you and discuss your sexual concerns. You can consult your family doctor first to get the most accurate diagnosis, or you can contact our Health Expert or connect with us at +919867667699.