Your Essential Guide To Shilajit
by Dr. Diksha Tiwari on Mar 01, 2022
We all must have heard of Shilajit at least once in our lifetime. Shilajit is nature’s most valuable gift to humankind. It has been in use in the Ayurvedic System of Medicine for centuries. However, people from all over the world are getting to know the health benefits of Shilajit. But there is not much known about Shilajit. Let us unveil the unknown benefits of Shilajit.
What is Shilajit?
Shilajit is found on many mountain rocks, including Himalayas,. Shilajit has been known in Ayurveda as an energy-giver, and as an anti-ageing compound.
However, there are a lot of other benefits which we are unaware of, but are on our journey of exploration.
Let us mention some of the known benefits of Shilajit-
Benefits of Shilajit-
Treats anaemia- Lack of Haemoglobin in the blood causes Anaemia. Iron deficiency is the reason behind this.
Shilajit is Iron rich and is packed with acids that are beneficial in stabilising the iron levels in the blood.
Reverses the damage in the Brain - Shilajit contains powerful antioxidants that reduce inflammation, slow down the ageing process of the brain cells, and reverse damage in the brain.
Shilajit is also helpful in Alzheimer’s disease, which is a brain disorder causing problems in memory, thinking and proper behaviour.
- Regulates healthy periods - The balance of the female sex hormones known by the name Oestrogen and Progesterone is successfully maintained by Shilajit. This helps the females have regular periods, without cramps and pain.
Maintains bone health- Shilajit may strengthen the bones and can increase the bone density in Post-menopausal women. These women face Oestrogen deficiency, which reduces bone density.
As Shilajit increases oestrogen levels, it also helps relieve the symptoms of menopause, along with maintaining bone health.
- Cures altitude sickness - People face breathing troubles at high altitudes. Shilajit contains more than 80 minerals that help patients with altitude sickness.
- Protects against radiation- People who live at high altitudes are affected by UV Rays, which may lead to the risk of Sunburn, skin and eye cancers. Shilajit, due to its photoprotective action, can help treat the skin and eye disorders that are caused because of solar radiation.
- Keeps you younger - Shilajit does this by controlling the ageing process and maintaining your vitality. This is because of the presence of fulvic acid, which is one of the key constituents of shilajit, has anti-inflammatory properties and functions as an antioxidant. Thus, it reduces the cell damage in your body and also the production of free radicals in your body, both of which cause ageing.
- Maintains blood sugar levels - Shilajit has glucose-lowering properties. It increases the production of insulin by the pancreas naturally and reduces the breakdown of starch into glucose.
- Reducing stress and anxiety Levels- Shilajit increases Dopamine secretion in the brain. This reduces anxiety and stress levels. It also has a calming effect on your body due to the high levels of Potassium and Magnesium present in it.
- Is a strong antiviral - Shilajit contains a range of minerals that boost the immune system and fights various kinds of viruses.
- Protects your gut - Shilajit protects your gut from inflammation and oxidative stress. Due to benzoic acid in it, gut infections are prevented.
Shilajit is also considered a very important compound for men . Let us tell you why it is regarded to be so beneficial for men.
Benefits of Shilajit for men-
Types of Shilajit available
Shilajit can be made available in different forms. Mostly, it is available as Resin, Liquid, Solid, Powder, Tablets, and Capsules.
Some FAQs on Shilajit
Does Shilajit Expire?
Yes, Shilajit does expire. AADAR offers products like Performance Capsule for Men, Extra-time capsules that have Shilajit in them. The shelf life of these products are 18 months, and 36 months respectively from the date of manufacturing.
Are there any side effects of Shilajit?
Anything taken in moderation will be beneficial. But if the quantities are not taken care of then they can be problematic.
However, the answer to the above question is Yes! With various benefits of Shilajit, it also has some side effects like-
- Consuming raw or unprocessed Shilajit can contaminate you with heavy metals or fungus.
- If Shilajit is not taken in standard amounts, then it can alter hormone levels.
- If consumed in excessive amounts, it can increase the iron levels.
- If Shilajit is not taken according to doctor's advice, then it can increase the Uric acid levels in the body to dangerous levels.
Wondering where you could find pure Shilajit?
AADAR is an Ayurvedic brand with scientific acclamations. We offer natural herbs like Shilajit in the form of capsules, tablets, and oils. We have made Ayurveda convenient so that more and more people can benefit from it.
AADAR also offers Pure Himalayan Shilajit- Fine Resin (15g) that you could get your hands on. Get an amazing pre-order discount of FLAT 25%. So hurry up and grab the offer now.
Check out our website, www.aadar.co to have a look at the various products in which we have incorporated the goodness of Shilajit. You will find our complete range of men's wellness products.